Sack Rosendin, LLP
Call 510-922-0442
Put Our Success & Experience to Work for You!

March 2016 Archives

No Insurance Coverage for Injuries to Unlicensed Contractor's Workers

Your unlicensed contractor or handyman does not have workers compensation insurance. If the work requires a contractor's license, and your contractor doesn't have one, then you are the direct employer of the contractor and each of her employees. If you, the property owner, do not have workers compensation coverage and workers compensation insurance is required by law, then the Labor Code imposes a rebuttable presumption that the "employer"/property owner was negligent. Since you the homeowner were not actively managing the work, especially safety procedures, overcoming the presumption is unlikely. There is no insurance coverage, and there is no monetary limit to the damages which can be awarded to the injured worker!

Why Clients Choose Us
  • Small Firm Personal Attention and Large Firm Experience
  • Cutting Edge Ideas, Strategies and Advocacy
  • Loyalty to the Client, Confidentiality and Integrity
  • Work Integrity: Getting it right - No mistakes.

Sack Rosendin, LLP | One Kaiser Plaza | Suite N1015 | Oakland, CA 94612 | Phone: 510-922-0442 | Map & Directions